Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, FL
Juris Doctor, May 2009
- Merit Scholarship
- Pro Bono Service Award
- Book Award, Insurance Regulatory Law
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Science, May 2006, magna cum laude
- Florida Blue Key, Leadership Honorary
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
European History, 2005
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Courts: Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Jason previously practiced law as the managing member of General Counsel Solutions, PLLC, where he expanded the scope of his outside general counsel services, and served as an advisor to the boards of directors of multiple companies in matters stemming from complex litigation and corporate restructuring to employment disputes.
Prior to that Jason handled complex business litigation at a boutique law firm in Fort Lauderdale. He successfully litigated cases involving unfair competition, partnership/shareholder disputes, fraud and tortious interference, construction litigation, and sophisticated judgment enforcement. Jason has secured numerous successful recoveries, dismissals, and defense verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Before practicing law, Jason worked with Colodny Fass, one of the top insurance regulatory law firms in the country. There, he primarily focused on regulation of the property and casualty (P&C) insurance market in Florida, and assisted in development of legislation affecting Florida’s P&C market.
Professional & Community Activities
- Co-chair, the Ben Gurion Society, the Jewish Federation of Broward County, 2017-2018
- Judicial Speakers Panel Moderator, Law Day – Leadership Fort Lauderdale, 2017 – 2018
- Speaker, Southern Academy of Legal Studies in Business (SALSB)
- Horizons Leadership Series, Jewish Federation of Broward County, 2015 – 2016
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, 2015 – 2016
- Emerge Broward, a division of the Leadership Broward Foundation, 2012 – 2014
- Appointed Member, Prepaid Legal Service Committee, The Florida Bar, 2011 – 2014